Besides neck and back pain, knee pain is one of the most common conditions that Dr. Llaird Likens treats at our Navarre clinic. Knees play an essential role in our bodies. From bending, walking, climbing to supporting the weight of your body, knees are at the core of the everyday activities we do. Regrettably, carrying out your normal activities may seem impossible when suffering from pain or discomfort in the knee. That's why our team at Dr. Llaird Likens Chiropractic Center offers chiropractic care to naturally alleviate your knee pain and prevent it from reoccurring.
Symptoms of Knee Pain
The knee bears a lot of responsibilities. So, when there is a problem, you will likely notice it immediately. Some common symptoms of knee pain include:
- Tenderness when touched
- Limited mobility
- Popping or cracking noises when you move your knee
- Weakness or instability
- Difficulty stretching your knee straight
If you suffer from knee pain, don't wait for it to go away on its own. Instead, book an appointment with our chiropractor for a proper assessment and professional pain management.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
There are many causes of knee pain. Some include:
- Arthritis: Deformities, injuries, or repetitive use of the knee can lead to inflammation or degeneration of the knee joint, causing pain and stiffness. Osteoarthritis is one common type of arthritis where the degradation of the cartilage in the joints causes bones to rub against each other, leading to pain.
- Injuries: Knocks, twists, and other injuries can cause tears of the knee's ligaments, muscles, and joints, causing pain and limited movement. Also, sprains and strains on the knee cause swelling and pain.
- ITBS or IT band syndrome: Long-term overuse of the knee muscles may cause inflammation of the tendons, causing knee bones to rub against each other.
- Referred pain: Sometimes, knee pain isn't local. Pain from the Sacroiliac joints, hip, and lower back can radiate to the knees, causing pain.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Knee Pain
Before we begin treatment, our chiropractor will assess your medical history and physical health to pinpoint the exact location and cause of your knee pain. X-rays and other imaging tests may be required for a complete diagnosis. After we have performed a thorough assessment, our chiropractor may recommend one or a combination of treatment options.
We often use chiropractic adjustments when treating patients suffering from knee pain. This treatment involves gentle manipulation of the knee to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation. Adjustments also help align the knee joints, improving mobility. Our chiropractor may also prescribe specific exercises. For example, knee stretches can reduce pain and improve endurance and mobility.
Visit Us for Natural Pain Management and Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Navarre, VA
Suffering from knee pain that won't go away? If you are in Navarre, FL, book an appointment with Dr. Llaird Likens for natural pain relief. Whether the cause of the joint pain is a personal injury or medical condition, we can help you on the road to recovery.